Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you submit your email address, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, address, email address, payment information, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Service.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Service and your experience, see which areas of our Service are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others;
- Improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Company and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. To opt out, email us at email@example.com
Company takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
Choices for Access, Deletion, Opt-Out of Sale, and Right to Non-Discrimination for California Residents or As Required by Law:
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, disclose, and “sell” about you (as that term is defined in the CCPA). Additionally, you have the right to access, delete and opt out from the “sale” of your personal information.
To exercise these privacy rights and choices, please follow the instructions below:
- How to Request Access to Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information twice in a 12-month period. To do so, please fill out the form in our Privacy Portal or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within 45 days. In response, we will produce an “Access Report” detailing the personal information we have collected, disclosed, and/or sold about you. This Access Report will be delivered by mail or electronically at your request within 45 days of the verified request.
- How to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You may request that PrettyLitter delete the personal information it has collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please fill out the form in our Privacy Portal or email us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 45 days. Note, we may need to retain certain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a requested good or service, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, comply with legal obligations or to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations or lawful within the context in which you provided the information.
Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. If you maintain an Account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the Account (e.g., login and password). If you are not a registered member, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g., browser or device ID or purchasing history).
You can use an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf but we may require the agent to be registered with the California Secretary of State (for CA residents) and verify his/her identity or demonstrate that he or she has power of attorney in connection with a request for access or deletion.
You have the right to be free from discrimination in product quality, goods or services if you choose to exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Company by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. If you would like to revoke your consent to these promotional communications, you may follow the instructions in the text and calls or contact us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: January 1, 2020